Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

I love Easter!  I love everything it stands for, which makes it my favorite holiday.  Tonight at dinner we talked a little about resurrection.  I told the kids about an experience that happened on my mission....

I was walking down the street and my companion and I decided to stop at a house.  We clapped (that's how you knock in Argentina) from outside a fence around her house, and a woman opened the door.  I noticed she had crutches and looked down to see that she had only one leg.  She made her way slowly to the gate where we stood and opened it.  We introduced ourselves, told her that we were representatives of Jesus Christ, and that we had a message to share with her.  She immediately began to walk away uninterested.  As we turned to go I had a strong feeling that I needed to go back.  I turned around and called out to her and she stopped.  I simply told her that some day she would be able to walk.  She returned to the gate and invited us in.  Once inside I was able to teach her about the resurrection and told her that one day she would have her leg.  She started to cry and told me that she had always loved watching dancers and had dreamed of being able to dance.  She said that she really wanted to believe that what we were telling her was true.  She didn't invite us back so we stopped visiting her, but maybe I was able to help her feel a small glimmer of hope that day. 

That is what the atonement does for us, it gives us hope!  I am so glad that I have a knowledge that this is true!  That those in this life with physical, mental, or spiritual maladies can one day be made whole and that even though we die, we can live together as families.  What a great thing to celebrate!

At the Orem Easter Egg Hunt
Reyn got one of the special prizes!

The BYU Easter Egg Hunt was pretty
Chaotic, but we got 4 t-shirts!

2 of our little chefs helped with dinner on Easter eve.

The Easter Bunny found us!

No comments:

Post a Comment