Friday, May 1, 2015

Money Ain't a Thang!

"In the Ferrari and Jaguar switchin 4 lanes, with the top down screamin out "money ain't a thang." Must be nice Jermaine and Jay Z.  Wish this was MY theme song.  I'd switch up the cars.... Ben would take a Lambo and I would take an Aston Martin,  but wouldn't it be nice to be able to scream out "money ain't a thang?"  Money, money, money, it's the great unequalizer.  I've had money and I've had little money, and I can attest that having money makes life much less stressful, and enables you to enjoy and explore so much more.

Since money IS a thang, I've got a budget for finishing my basement, but the subs I'm dealing with don't seem to get that.  When our finish carpenter's bid came in way higher than expected I had to make a tough call.  In order to remain financially responsible, I cancelled the painter and we're doing it ourselves. (deep breath) 

Sometimes it's tempting to go back to work.  I used to make decent money.  An extra 75 grand could go a long way.  But being home with my kids trumps luxury and adventure.  Someday I'll be able to say "money ain't a thang."  Until then I'll just try to be grateful for everything we have, which is a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment