Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Painful Battle

Yes, the battle of the bulge continues, and over the past year and a half, it is a battle that I have not been winning.  After my shoulder surgery I took a 6 month hiatus from the gym.  When I started to work out again it didn't go so well.   I'm not sure the cause, but for some reason I developed a lot of pain in my hips and I have been dealing with it for almost a year.

Being able to exercise has helped me keep my sanity over the years, so this past year and a half has been super frustrating.  It has also been exhausting because the pain wakes me up every night.   I don't remember the last time I got a good night's sleep.

A few weeks ago I finally went to see the doctor and am now doing physical therapy. Today I had my first round of dry needling. I am crossing my fingers, saying my prayers, and hoping this will help the pain subside so I can start working out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment