Friday, June 30, 2017

Time For a Lifestyle Change?

Most of my life I was proud that I could eat whatever I wanted and still look good.   I was the girl in high school who would challenge a boy to a food eating contest and win.  My senior year I ate an entire large pepperoni Pizza Hut pan pizza.  The guy I had challenged couldn't finish his.  Anyways, that isn't working out so well for me anymore.  The extra calories are starting to stick in places I don't want them.  Might be time for a lifestyle change?  The problem is, I hate almost all vegetables, so when I hear that in order to be healthy I need to eat more vegetables, I'm out.  That won't work for me.  I don't love fruit either.  What I do love is pizza, ice cream (I grew up eating ice cream every single day), bacon and cheesecake.  Ben's in the same boat.  He used to be able to eat whatever and however much he wanted, but now that he doesn't play sports nearly as much he has put on some weight and he's not happy about it.  About 3 weeks ago he started to get serious about losing some of the excess fat around his middle ( mostly because we are going on a cruise for his 40th birthday.)  He has been working out at the gym, running a hilly loop around our neighborhood, eating a little healthier and has lost about 10 lbs.  I've been doing more consistent workouts and trying to eat a little healthier too. This is what we've been eating for lunch.  I find that if I eat one healthier meal a day, I feel better about things.  I don't know if this constitutes a lifestyle change, but by small and simple things...

A pear avocado smoothie with spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment