Thursday, November 16, 2017

Reflections

Yesterday I got an email from the girl's school.  It was an invitation to go to the reflections awards assembly.  Since they had both put in the effort to submit an entry, I decided I better be there to support them, win or lose.  To my delight, they both won in their categories and were very happy.




As we were driving home I began to reflect a little more on these two awesome girls.  When we moved them to a new school this year I was a little worried that it would be a difficult transition.  I wondered if it would be a challenge for them to make new friends.  I was nervous they would shy away from getting involved because they were new.  Turns out, I had no need to fear.  It has been so fun to watch them jump right in, they seem fearless.  Alyssa decided to join student council.  Both of them have made some nice friends.  They both got all A's first term.  Holly is the "bar" princess at recess.  They did reflections and are doing Battle of the Books.  Aside from everything they've got going on at school, they are both taking piano lessons and playing basketball.  Alyssa is doing volleyball and Holly is doing swimming.  They have a lot going on, but are very responsible, good girls.  Alyssa and Holly, I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment