Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Diligent and Consistent

We finished reading the Book of Mormon
for our fourth time as a family.

Even before my children came to earth I had decided that I would be diligent and consistent in reading the Book of Mormon with them daily.  For 15 years we have rarely missed a day. It has not been easy and sometimes I have wondered if we are getting any benefit from our efforts, but we continue to persevere in faith, believing in the promised blessings.  President Ezra Taft Benson once said: "There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path."  My children need these blessings.  Each of us do.  So, even when the kids complain, we will continue to read and discuss the teachings of the Book of Mormon daily.   

No comments:

Post a Comment