Wednesday, December 18, 2013

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

two tickets to see The Hobbit!!!  

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is doing "the 12 days of Christmas."  We pick someone and then give them gifts, or do nice things for them for the 12 days leading up to Christmas.  This year as a family we are doing the 12 days for my sister Julie.  She is in jail again, so I imagine her Christmas won't be much fun.  We had the kids each make her a couple Christmas cards and we're sending her one a day until Christmas.  I hope each one brightens her day just a little bit. 

As a total surprise Ben decided to do the 12 days of Christmas for me.  What a sweetie!  The first day he took me to see The Hobbit, the second day I got skittles, the third a scarf, then Almond Roca, then new socks, my favorite breakfast sandwich from McDonalds, slippers, egg nog, danishes, a key finder, and the 12th day he gave me a Kindle HDX!.  I've never been on the receiving end before, but I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment