Sunday, March 30, 2014

40 and Feeling Fabulous!




 

I turned 40 last week so I guess I'm officially an old fart. The good news is that I feel fabulous...maybe even better than ever!  I woke up Wednesday morning with a zit on my chin and thought, I might be 40, but I still feel like a teenager and get zits like a teenager and that's awesome!

Ben and the girls brought me breakfast in bed...a sausage egg biscuit from McDonalds, DELICIOUS!  Then I spent the morning doing something I absolutely love, Zumba!  I have found a way to work out that is fun and puts me in a fantastic mood, and it's something I can do for at least the next 20 years, yay!

Then I went shopping...not my favorite thing, but I thought I should get myself a new shirt or something to wear on my birthday, and I found one for 10 bucks, yipee!

When I got home there was a knock at the door and a large package, what a great day!  I had been wanting a good blender for a long time.  I even considered getting a Blendtec or Vitamix (super expensive, high end) but knew we really couldn't afford it.  So I did some research online and saw that Consumer Report ranked the Ninja blender just as high as the Vitamix but for only $60 bucks.  My parents had given me fifty for my birthday, so I ordered it and it arrived one day early...perfect.  Sometimes things do work out just right! Thanks mom and dad.

The afternoon was spent taking selfies, for posterity, and reading lots of lovely messages from friends and family.  When the kids got home we opened presents and had ice cream cake.  They got me some awesome gifts and were super sweet.  Ayz had a volleyball game that evening so we went to that, then grabbed a bite at Panda Express, not my fave, but the kids complained when I said I wanted to go to Zupas, so we went there instead.  Finally we went to support my nephew in his championship basketball game, I think he was very happy we went, which makes me very happy.

I have a feeling that the 40's are going to be my best years yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment