Monday, March 31, 2014

Youth Conference

I have been serving in the YW presidency in our ward for about 2 years now and I am loving it.  The young women are sweet and so much fun!  Over the weekend I got to go to Youth Conference at Aspen Grove near Sundance.  It was a great experience.  Since the church seems to be focusing on 'hastening the work," our theme was "Called to Serve."  Each of the youth received a mission call and we spent time studying the scriptures and planning lessons as though we were in the MTC preparing to serve.  It was fun to think back on my experiences as a missionary and to observe the young women prepare lessons.  One of the things I loved best about the conference was watching how the young women came together as a group.  Although their backgrounds are diverse, and they have their other groups of friends outside of church, they came together and really looked out for one another.  It was awesome!  I'm super grateful I got to go, and really looking forward to camp this summer. 


Our fun group of young women

Love working with Angela and Stephanie, great leaders!

Just before we went cross-country skiing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment