Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reflections

This year both Holly and Alyssa entered the reflections contest at school.  The theme for their project was..."The world would be a better place if..."  Holly has a sweet spot for animals so she drew this...
A duck being cleaned by loving hands
She did a terrific job!  She is already a much better artist then I will ever be.

Alyssa decided to enter a project in the category of photography.  I was thrilled that she wanted to participate but since she has very little experience in photography and our camera isn't real fancy I was a little worried for her.  I didn't want to dampen her enthusiasm so I asked her to fill in the blank...the world would be a better place if_____ and she said, "if I could eat home made bread, strawberry jam, and peach pie every day.  So, I got to work baking, we looked up ideas online on how to place the food for the shot and she took it.  To finish it off I taught her a few things on Photoshop and this is how it turned out...


Fantastic!  The judges must have liked it too, because it won for her age group and has moved on to the district level.  Congratulations Alyssa, good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment