Monday, December 29, 2014

Trip to the ER

The night we got all the kids back Q had a little accident.  I'm not sure exactly how it happened, all I know is that he was chasing Alyssa around the kitchen and fell.  Next thing you know he was crying like crazy and wouldn't move his left arm.  We got him to lay down and relax and he fell asleep, but when he woke up he was still in a lot of pain and wouldn't use his arm so we thought...when in doubt, check it out...and headed to the ER.  After an initial examination by the doc we were sent for x-rays.  Qyntn cried and cried and it nearly broke my heart during the photos but everything looked ok.  Since he was obviously in pain the doctor suspected Q had a dislocated elbow (nursemaid elbow).  He started manipulating Q's arm and within just a few seconds he said, "that's it, I felt it pop back in."  I could hardly believe it was such an easy fix.  I'm so glad it wasn't more severe, and super happy to have our smiling happy boy back!


No comments:

Post a Comment