Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Project BASEMENT

This year we are saving money for two major items.  1.  To finish our basement  and 2.  For our honeymoon...after we get sealed in the temple this fall, yay!

Unfortunately we don't have the money to just pay a contractor to handle number one, so finishing the basement has become my new project.  Since I know very little about any of this I decided to contact a long time friend, a general contractor, to point me in the right direction.  Boy was he helpful!   He drew up a plan for us, free or charge, helped me apply for a building permit, and is also getting me some bids from the subs he uses.  YAY!

The next step was to find someone to frame it.  Since grandpa Willy had agreed to help with the electrical during spring break, I needed to find a framer in a jiffy, so I got a bunch of bids and hired a crew.  Ben and I spent the past two nights moving everything from the basement to the garage, and this morning bright and early the framers began.  Project BASEMENT is in full swing.  Now to find a plumber, and someone to do the HVAC.  Super exciting stuff going on around here.




No comments:

Post a Comment