Thursday, July 9, 2015

Heaven Sent!

Yesterday started out rough.  I rarely, if ever, get enough sleep, but the night before last was even worse than usual.  We had watched a somewhat disturbing movie and I had hardly slept a wink.  When my alarm went off in the morning I wanted to pull the covers over my head and call in sick...or tired, but I eventually dragged myself out of bed, got the girls to their golf lesson and hit the gym.  Then, even though I was running on fumes, I decided to take the kids to the Museum of Natural Curiosity, which turned out to be somewhat of a disaster.  I really needed a nap.  Luckily Ben had decided to work from home for the afternoon, so as soon as we got home I headed to bed and slept for 3 hours.  When I woke up Ben had mopped and vacuumed the floors, made dinner, and ordered me to sit down and not lift a finger, he said would take care of everything.  A little while later I got a phone call from his brother Nick who asked if I would do him a favor.  He wanted me to bring him 2 eggs and told me that he had a surprise for Ben that I should pick up.  So, like any good sister-in-law, I jumped in the car with my 2 eggs.  When I got there, he handed me this card...

I returned home and this was taped to the front door...



I opened the door and followed a trail of hearts and gifts down the stairs to where I could hear classical music playing.  At the end of the trail were flowers, candles and a massage table.  Ben had hired my friend and neighbor to give me a massage.  It was heavenly!

Ben is heaven sent!  He is the sweetest, most thoughtful guy I have ever known.  He does this kind of stuff for me all the time.  He may be a little rough around the edges, but his heart is as good as they come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment