Monday, April 27, 2020

Lake Mountain Peak

It had been too long since I had been on a good hike.  There are two reasons I haven't been hiking lately, my joints (knees and hips), and my kids, they pretty much hate it.  But today I decided I was hiking Lake Mountain and nothing would stop me.  I ditched everyone and went alone.  I had no Idea how far it was to the peak, but it didn't matter, I was making it to the top.

It was not a pretty or fun hike.  It was dusty and windy, steep, rocky, cold and painful but I made it.

This was the goal!

I didn't anticipate the snow and cold

The last bit was nasty, very steep

Just a few more steps

Worth it!

The descent was especially painful,
but I caught some pretty views....
and Ben surprised me along the trail
 and hiked the last .85 with me.  My hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment