Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Goodbye 8, Hello 9

Alyssa turned 9 today!  Last night before she went to bed she asked if I would make her cinnamon rolls and curl her hair pretty for her birthday in the morning.  I was all set to make her dreams come true, but when we woke up the power went out.  Instantly I came up with a plan B and it went into effect.  I braided her hair up pretty and we headed off to Krispy Kreme for some delicious donuts, boy was she excited!  Unfortunately they didn't have power either,  so no donuts for us.  Within a few seconds plan C came into play and we were off to McDonalds for hotcakes.  Finally we were in luck, we all enjoyed a yummy breakfast after all, yay!

 her dad showed up to
 surprise her at breakfast
A few days before her birthday she had made a request that I make some delicious cupcakes to take to her class for her birthday.  She didn't want boring plain ones though...of course... she wanted these...


You have no idea how difficult these seemingly simple cupcakes were for me.  I was told that everybody in her class loved them though, so that makes it all worth it, I suppose.

After school her dad took her and some friends to Hang Time followed by dinner.   



Since Ben was out of town all week, we decided to celebrate with her on Saturday so we could all be together.  She picked Golden Corral for her birthday lunch and then we had a small little party at the house.






Happy Birthday Sweetheart!  So glad I get to be your mom!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment