Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Counting My Blessings

Honestly, I have felt pretty gloomy for a while now.  I attribute that to a few things...I've had some level of constant pain for almost 3 months, I haven't been sleeping well, and I haven't worked out in 12 weeks.  Time to count my blessings...

I have an awesome husband.  Through all of it, he has remained helpful, cheerful, positive and still loves me.  And, we finally got all the paperwork approved to be sealed!!  That is a huge blessing!

Qyntn is the sweetest little guy!  He is constantly calling me mama wonder woman and gives me the best hugs and kisses ever.  The others have been pretty great too, especially Alyssa.  During those days just following my surgeries, she was the one who was always asking what she could do to help.   

We were able to finish our basement this year, that is pretty sweet because it increases the value of our home, which puts us that much closer to being able to stop paying mortgage insurance.  Yay!

I really enjoyed summer this year.  I was able to do tons of fun stuff with the kids and I didn't feel so overwhelmed for the first time in several years. 

Serving as YW President has also been pretty sweet.  It can be overwhelming and I have some very stressful days, but I get to work with some incredible women, and absolutely love serving the young women.  I have made a goal to finish the requirements for my young womanhood recognition award again.  I love working on personal progress, it builds my confidence, helps me feel closer to my father in heaven and brings more peace in my life. 

I love that our kids are learning to speak Spanish.  I get a little jealous when I see the other moms send their kids off to the bus stop and I have to drive my girls to and from school every day so they can go to a school that offers dual immersion Spanish, but it is starting to pay off.  The kids understand a lot of Spanish and are starting to speak it better too.  It's a huge payoff for me.  I started speaking to Alyssa and Holly in Spanish when they were babies.  This has been a goal for me for a long time!

Alright, I'm feeling better already.  I should do this more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment