Saturday, December 19, 2015

"Leader of the Grannies"

Our ward split (again) two weeks ago.  Because we live in the new ward boundaries I was immediately released from my calling as Young Women's President.  I had only been in that calling a few months, so I wasn't surprised when the bishopric said they wanted to meet with me again.  I figured I would pick up right where I left off.  Boy was I wrong, they had something else in mind for me. Relief Society President!!! or as Holly put it, "the leader of the grannies."

WHAT??? I could go on and on about how under qualified I am for this position.  I haven't had a calling in RS in 18 years.  I know very little about the welfare program, I have never been involved in organizing visiting teaching or compassionate service.  How could I possibly be the right person for this? 

I am excited to write this new chapter of my story.  It will certainly be an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment