Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hangin Loose in Hawaii



Because Ben travels for work he accrues a lot of skymiles which makes it possible for me to travel with him on occasion.  When he told me that Hawaiian Airlines had invited him for a visit, I had hoped he would want me to tag along, and of course he did... he invites me on every trip.  But this time Jenny volunteered to watch my kids which made my decision a no brainer.

On our flight over Ben gave up his seat so I could fly first class.  Then the guy sitting next to me offered to trade with Ben so we could sit together...what a sweet guy!  We flew first class to Hawaii!

Our first two nights in Hawaii were spent in Honolulu.  We ate lots of yummy cuisine, and I got fried on the beach (bummer).  Waikiki beach isn't my favorite beach in the world,  the sand is pretty coarse, and it was crowded, but I'm not complaining...still loved it!  And a nice lady asked if we were honeymooning.

Selfie on Waikiki Beach
love this handsome guy!

Disclaimer...I only wear bikini's on romantic getaways
with Ben (don't judge me)....and I only added this picture to the blog
so I will remember that I didn't look too bad at 40.

We hiked to Manoa Falls (parts of Lost and Jurassic Park were filmed there) and got soaked in a torrential downpour which made the hike even more awesome!

Manoa Falls

Our next two days were spent on the north shore.  On the drive up we dropped in for a session at the La'ie LDS Temple.  It was lovely!



We were fortunate to find a good deal online for a room at Turtle Bay...
Sunrise at Turtle Bay


View from our room


We enjoyed a delicious shave ice at Matsumoto's, saw some sea turtles..




spent some time at Waimea Bay, waterfall and botanical gardens...

Lily Pads at Waimea Botanical Garden








watched the sun set at Sunset beach...


and we found our favorite Hawaiian beach on the north shore- Pounder's Beach had the best sand and best waves by far for body surfing...



Pounder's Beach








Our last day on the Island we explored the windward side...

Kailua Beach looked gorgeous!

"Enough pictures already!"


Halona Blowhole

Thanks babe for taking me to Hawaii, and thanks Jenny for watching my kids so I could go! I'm a very lucky gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment